Pigeon and Potato Pie
- 2 breasts of pigeon
- seasoned flour
- ¼ lb stewing steak cut into small pieces
- ¾ lb potatoes
- 4 oz mushrooms
- ½ lb rough puff, flaky or short pasty
- 1 large onion, parboiled
- Cut the breast into 4 pieces right through the bones.
- Dip them and the steak in seasoned flour.
- Peel and slice potatoes, mushrooms and onion.
- Put ingredients into a pie dish and season.
- Three quarters fill the dish with hot stock.
- Cover with pastry, decorate and glaze.
- Bake in a hot oven until pastry is browned, then lower the temperature and cook for about 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Cover pastry if necessary to prevent over browning.
- Before serving fill up the pie with hot stock.
Provided by Games On BASC